We are certified in accordance with the new translation services standard ISO 17100 and the quality management standard ISO 9001.
Success in communication is about being able to convey and receive information in a timely and precise manner. This is where our philosophy of rigorous quality assurance meets our client's requirements for accuracy and punctuality.
- Each document translated by ALUMNUS undergoes a six-stage quality assurance procedure in line with the ISO:17100 standard on requirements for translation services:
- Initial translation.
- Check by the translator – the translator‘s self-revision of the translated content.
- Revision – our revisers examine the translated text against the source language text to correct any errors and to recommend improvements to be implemented by the translator.
- Review – if project specifications include a review, it is additionally edited by a reviewer.
- The revised text goes back to the translator who incorporates the changes made by the reviser and
- Final verification and release – project managers perform a final verification of the document before delivery to the client.
- We are ISO:17100 and ISO:9001 certified.
- We attach special importance to how we select our translators. Our translators must meet strict professional and educational requirements as well as pass an assessment test before becoming a translator with ALUMNUS.
The following criteria apply in the selection process:
- A candidate must be a professional translator with a proven record, or
- he/she must be a recent university graduate with a degree in translation, philology or other relevant fields, such as law, economics, engineering, medicine, etc.
In both cases, candidates are given two test translations which are assessed by our senior staff members. Successful completion of an ALUMNUS competency test is a prerequisite for employment.
- ALUMNUS uses CAT tools such as SDL TRADOS and Nemo5, thereby ensuring accuracy, consistency and delivery on time. Translation Technology